At Earwood, Moore, Carpenter & Guy, we know estate planning isn’t an easy topic to approach. Whether your estate is large or small, we can assist you with all your estate planning needs. A well-crafted Estate Plan and Will are essential to accurately state your intentions and provide clear instructions on how to carry out your desires for your property, assets, and heirs in the event of your death.
The preparation of estate planning documents encompasses all documents concerning your end of life choices. We work with our clients, their financial planners, and business advisers to assure that your estate plan functions as intended. In the unfortunate event that you suffer from a prolonged illness, there are documents which direct your family or friends as to how you would like difficult decisions made on your behalf.
- A Power of Attorney authorizes your relatives or friends make medical and financial decisions in the event you are incapacitated.
- A Health Care Power of Attorney and Living Will provides directives concerning difficult medical and end of life decisions to allow your family the peace of mind they need to focus on you and each other.
- A Financial Durable Power of Attorney appoints an individual to handle your day-to-day financial affairs in the event that you are unable to. Again, giving security to both you and your loved ones.
- A Will ensures that after you are gone your assets are distributed the way you want them to be; this can include anything from your home and cars, to heirlooms and jewelry.
- A Living Trust provides your family with additional protection, and can also protect your estate from much of the probate process. Additionally, a Trust can help your heirs avoid unnecessary taxes, safeguarding their inheritances.
Also, In the event you pass away before a minor child in your custody reaches maturity, we can derive a plan that decides who cares for your minor child/ren.
All of these documents assist in ensuring peace of mind for you in knowing your directives are being followed and that your loved ones are taken care of. In the event of a contest to your estate plan we will defend your directives while making every effort to reduce conflict. When it comes to the probate of your estate we are experienced and knowledgeable litigators.
Our estate planning services include:
- Power of Attorney and Financial Durable Power of Attorney
- Health Care Directives and Living Wills
- Last Will and Testament
- Living Trust
- Children’s Safeguard Plan
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Administration and Probate
The Estate Planning attorneys at Earwood, Moore, Carpenter & Guy serve families and individuals at all stages of life to plan for the future and ensure protection of assets. For more information about the Estate Planning services our firm provides and how we can help ensure your peace of mind, call us for consultation today.